SENTILLA: TRANSFORMING DATA CENTER CAPACITY PLANNING INTO INTELLIGENT CAPACITY PLANNING
Sentilla’s intelligent data center capacity planning predicts future resource demands based on real-time analysis and historical performance trends. Sentilla data center capacity planning delivers both:
- Granular asset utilization information over time (incorporating critical context such as seasonality, peak demand, maximum/minimum utilization, and other events for accurate analysis)
- Actual system-generated power consumption data (as opposed to manufacturer’s faceplate estimates)
By knowing how much capacity is available before it is required, you can make deployment decisions matching the speed that new services and infrastructure are required. You can evaluate the cost, capacity, and performance impact of moving to different deployment models such as private cloud, public cloud, or virtual clustering and choose the architecture that best fits your requirements.
Sentilla intelligent capacity planning enables you to run a high performance data center by helping you to:
- Make projections based on real data about power consumption, CPU utilization, deployment options, and overall cost to model the financial impacts of new projects.
- Automatically compute the “right size” of your infrastructure for optimal performance today and for the future.
- Benchmark applications running internally today with the cost of migrating to various public cloud providers; and measure your current internal service delivery cost compared to best-in-class cloud providers.
- Optimize application deployment for your infrastructure to avoid unnecessary capital costs.
- Evaluate and plan for the impact of adding, removing or refreshing equipment before purchase.
- Determine when your company will “run out of power,” storage, memory, CPU cycles, etc., for new projects, test various hypothetical scenarios and configurations, and know for sure when you must expand your data center.