Effective Data Center Management Begins with Asset Management
The biggest risk IT faces is what it doesn’t know. Inefficient assets increase costs while unidentified risks grow to become significant liabilities. Sentilla’s data center asset management moves IT from manual discovery and asset tracking spreadsheets to continuous real-time situational awareness of the entire data center infrastructure – configuration, utilization, and capacity consumption – even purchase history.
Every Sentilla asset management deployment features the Sentilla discovery service, which includes:
- Basic network scan for connected systems
- Profiling and detecting systems and their running services
- Asset workflow to import and stage asset profiles
- Agentless discover and system configuration reporting for Windows and Unix systems
- Support for storage devices and network switches
- New asset connector SDK for 3rd party integration and specialized asset support
- Distributed data center support
The bottom line is what can’t be seen can’t be managed. Sentilla’s asset management delivers granular visibility to see exactly what assets are housed in the data center or co-location facility, precisely where they’re located, how they’re being utilized, and how much they cost to run. Sentilla asset management supports servers, storage devices, network switches, and IP enabled facilities management systems.